Pictor Academy is an outstanding school which caters for pupils with a diverse range of needs including Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Down Syndrome. Our highly trained and skilled staff are committed to sharing good practice to meet the needs of pupils with SEN. We are now able to offer the following outreach support to settings:
• observation and advice on meeting the needs of a targeted pupil including strategies, differentiating the curriculum and developing Individual Education Plans
• training packages to support a school in meeting the needs of a targeted pupil
• workshops for staff training and development
About the Staff
Our staff are highly qualified and experienced in teaching pupils with a range of needs including Autism. They are additionally trained in specialist approaches (e.g. TEACCH, PECS) and able to share how to apply this knowledge to ensure pupils make the best progress. Staff are able to offer advice and training on managing the behaviours associated with a range of SEN.
Staff have delivered training for Trafford, MMU, and different authorities including sharing good practice in schools in Belarus and China.
Please download and complete the appropriate referral form ensuring that parental consent is gained for any referrals for pupil advice. Alternatively use the request for training contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the relevant information.
You will be contacted within 3 days of us receiving the requests
Packages & Costs
Advice on supporting pupil with SEND; discussion with key staff, observation by a specialist teacher, report with advice and feedback to key staff
Advice on supporting a pupil with more complex needs: discussion with key staff, discussion with parents, observation of pupil in different sessions or settings by specialist teacher, report with advice, meet with school and parents to share report
Further meeting for both Level 1 & 2 charged at hourly rate of £tbc
Training sessions and workshops
Training sessions can be tailored to the schools’ needs. We offer:
• Small group consultation 1 hour upwards
• Opportunities for mainstream staff to visit school
• Staff meeting sessions e.g. Autism awareness training
• Twilight or half day sessions
• Advice on managing the learning environment and differentiating the curriculum
Examples of training
• What is Autism?
• Language and Communication Development
• Using visual supports to enhance learning
• Understanding and meeting pupils’ sensory needs
• Understanding Behaviour in pupils with complex needs
• Supporting pupils with Down Syndrome in mainstream settings
Workshops and training session costs
1 hour staff meeting £tbc
Twilight session £tbc